Rotocasted.com is a service for toy collectors.
Its library contains photos and information on 51130 toys. Join for free and post your toy collection and wishlist. Use your new profile to connect with other collectors!

sergeySafonov sergeySafonov

Waniphant "Sparkle Sparkle"

CoMus

171 468 619

More images here:

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

My eyes!

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Rhinorocket

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

awesome :)

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

Kickass!

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

6 years ago

hey Shank, is the rocket part wood?

Shankweather

427 4 822

6 years ago

Thanks guys. No, it's all clay. The plan is to make a mold and cast some resin Rhinorockets.

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

6 years ago

shank, if you do, can you please comment back here? i would love to buy one.

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

Yes please :)

jenX

794 40 719

6 years ago

It's mad and fantastical.

tommynathan

292 45 101

Awesome!

Shankweather

427 4 822

6 years ago

Thanks, and I will definitely keep the Rotofamily updated.

SillyK

154 1426 1657

5 years ago

let's built an engine for it! it'll be the first rhino in space!

i love it!

Shankweather

427 4 822

5 years ago

Getting close with this. First will be a limited run of unpainted blue/green to match my avatar, then black/white like the prototype after that. I think. First one will be about $25.

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

5 years ago

thats so funny, i was just thinking about this last night before i went to bed..

count me in!

Shankweather

427 4 822

5 years ago

Boxx do you have a crush on me it's OK if you do.

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

5 years ago

hahaha, i didnt realize how weird that sounded till i just re-read it now.

after seeing this rocket ill always be crushin on yo skillz ;)

ToyPunkJan

1884 1893 2107

5 years ago

I think I may have a crush on Shank ...and his little rocket too.

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

5 years ago

definitely his 'little rocket' ;)

Shankweather

427 4 822

5 years ago

My big concern is that no one will want this because it doesn't feature skulls, genitalia, or any Disney properties. I'll try to work all those into Rhinorocket 2.0.

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

5 years ago

then dont make a lot of em!! honestly, i really hate skulls, theyre so played out. i HATE this whole dick and balls thing on toys (mine are enough for me) IMO they just dont work on these toys, and i hate anything disney. i dont have a single toy that falls underneath any 3 of those categories.. cept for my buff s1 chase, but i actually turn him around (pentagram on back) cause i hate skulls and LOVE anything with satan.

make the stuff you want to make! dont make stuff that is 'popular' or cool. honestly, if no one buys my customs (when i get around to finishing them) i will just keep them for myself =)

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Dalston Fried Chicken

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Barack Obama

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Sucklord Sleeps With the Fishes!

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Chris Ryniak Dunny

amavevera

341 74 1136

6 years ago

love Ryniak, hate Dunny. what to do? what to do? :)

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

Buy and burn!

auryn

483 56 278

6 years ago

I know the feeling...admittedly that's why I have a handful of dunnys...but only a handful!!

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

6 years ago

I dunno, a Dunny was one of my first toys and I hold an effection for them.
    i think Tristan Eaton did a brilliant job on the design and it's one of the best Platforms out there

CoMus

171 468 619

6 years ago

If KR are allowing Ryniak to edit the form to require new tooling, I would have liked something a bit better. Still, I would love to have this little guy.

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

@amavevera

i thought i was the only one who hated em! feels good knowing im not the only one.. but this one isnt bad, id buy it if someone didnt want a bazillion bucks for it.

MaquetteCity

154 129 400

6 years ago

I don't hate Dunnys as they keep the whole scene going.But artistically,I would always prefer to see a new form.Economically though,that's not always possible. :)

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

6 years ago

I also prefer original sculpts, but I think for sure there's a place for platform figures in our world.
    It may have gotten out of hand at some point but these figures have a viable asthetic. If the shape is good and maliable enough (which I think the Dunny is) it provides an interesting canvas for artists.

For me the interesting aspect is having a bunch lined up together to compare the ways artists used the shaped and how they worked with it and transformed it.

monsterforge

279 125 209

6 years ago

lordsketch hit the nail on the freakin head... to me it has almost nothing to do with the toy and everything to do with how the individual artists handle it. A couple of years ago Tenacious Toys put on an art show where artists used empty deodorant bottles to make pieces... the results were amazing, and it was really interesting how each artist approached the base in a totally different way.

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

6 years ago

ok, let's play a game - these are the artists who've never made a dunny who I really wish would:
    Gary Ham

Dan May
    Scott Musgrove
    PARRA

jonpaulkaiser

556 952 192

6 years ago

This one is even better in the flesh!

quinntheboss

734 487 437

@shankweather YES!!!!! Banksy FTW!! :D

typicalstereo

95 91 18

Banksy
    Ferg
    J*Ryu (he might have done a commission, but I'm not counting that!).
    I think Spankystokes deserves a shot; he is so committed to the industry (give him a chase!).

and I have an extra for trade.

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Grin Dunny

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

6 years ago

oh look, it looks like A MILLION Ron English toys....

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

Surprise!

rtysmith

305 93 101

6 years ago

No really, its a completely new dental structure.

thedevious

199 216 16

6 years ago

You guys are mad jaded teehee. This guy looks great in person IMHO.

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Greenmons

malinablue

522 28 125

4 years ago

Hate to say it, but I think this is the pale pink, again lighted strangely, http://rotocasted.com/toy/186... />
    You can kind of see the pale pink in the arms.

Does anyone who is an expert on these know for sure? I am partly going by the Club Tokyo database, which has always seemed pretty comprehensive to me.

Fogive me for being OCD about this, but I just am. I should have been a librarian.

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

4 years ago

@Gojigirl should know for sure, but if you will put them in photoshop for lighting color correction you definitely will see they are not the same. One is peach, one is orange.
    Collect them all!

malinablue

522 28 125

4 years ago

Intrigued just by the name - Gojigirl. Can't wait to get her input too. Sergey, are you the creator of this site? (I am guessing by other comments? LOVE it. Can't believe I did not really explore it much, much earlier.) Would love to have a messaging feature, though. Then it would be perfect. And maybe a place to write a little about yourself and your collectiing in profile? I love to know what people collect and more about them, if I can.

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

4 years ago

@malinablue: Thank you for your kind words.
    Extended version for collectors profile is something we plan to do very soon, but I don't know about private messages yet. Some people are too pushy about what they want to sell or buy, so it might become a spam pit very easily. We'll see.

malinablue

522 28 125

4 years ago

yeah, I could see that. But you could always let people have the option of remaining private or blocking someone in particular. The thing is - it would be so nice to be able to chat directly with people who share your collecting passions

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

4 years ago

True, but additional features and use cases will make development and testing costs higher than I am able to spend at this moment.

And talking here in comments about stuff we like isn't what you talking about? :) Doing it in public even more fun (that's what she said).

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

James

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Andy Capp

sergeySafonov

793 2202 1630

Oh man. Amazing!

jenX

794 40 719

6 years ago

Is this the oldest toy in the library?

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.