Rotocasted.com is a service for toy collectors.
Its library contains photos and information on 51723 toys. Join for free and post your toy collection and wishlist. Use your new profile to connect with other collectors!

sergeySafonov sergeySafonov

Rangeas

lordsketch

383 1088 1433

6 years ago

Finally!

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

6 years ago

Congrats!

lordsketch

383 1088 1433

6 years ago

I get booged down in collection by all sorts of things - the money I spend, hunting that toy you just can';t get or getting ready for the next release...
    But sometimes I just pass by the cabinet, I pick something up and look at it and think - I have some really beautiful things :)

hellointerloper

13 146 66

5 years ago

Iron Man Rangeas, haha

jenX

416 31 657

5 years ago

@lordsketch ...just saw your comment and that's exactly how I feel when I realise what I've got.

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Flat Eric

ToyPunkJan

1882 1895 2107

M E G A - W A N T ! ! !

jazzydan

499 646 2539

larzor

340 182 58

8 years ago

One of these is on it's way to my home as we speak :D

CoMus

171 468 619

I NEED THIS!

SillyK

154 1426 1657

8 years ago

flat eric!!! omg!!! i want him...

now i have that damn song in my head... i was a young teenager, when it came out....

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

Oh yeah! http://www.janetknechtel.com/...

Tristan

337 219 314

8 years ago

Mr. Oizo!!!!!!!!!!! I still think the video is hilarious.

J_Walrus

51 9 368

Such a legend! :D

The video still rules!

Shellie

109 5 384

8 years ago

The video is awesome, and Flat Eric still makes me laugh...

larzor

340 182 58

This one's mine now :)
    Unfortunately it smells like old barn, so it's getting some air on my balcony atm.

Shellie

109 5 384

8 years ago

Ewww smelly plushy needs airing!!! =S

larzor

340 182 58

8 years ago

Yeah, I don't know if they kept it with a cow or something :/
    Hopefully it'll go away, cause I already removed the tag so I can't return it

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Rusty the Boy Robot

MaquetteCity

154 129 399

8 years ago

Mr Melton = superb sculptor! Google him to see quality work.

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

MaquetteCity

154 129 399

8 years ago

Haha, thank you you Sergey,see how lazy I am? Zzzzzz.......

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

8 years ago

Just saving some tome to those who might be interested :)

lordsketch

383 1088 1433

8 years ago

Kent Melton is one of my heroes... I have a slight obsession with animation maquettes and the man is just super-human with the awesomeness of his sculpts

MaquetteCity

154 129 399

8 years ago

Animation maquettes are,indeed, easy to become obsessive about. :)

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Casting Shadows - Loser HKG Edition
  • hR

hR

72 77 44

8 years ago

Has anyone anywhere ever had a discussion about the obvious (to me) homoerotic element of Coarse toys? Has Mark ever spoken about it in interviews? I brought this up on the 3A boards once and everyone basically told me I was nuts. Maybe most Coarse collectors just don't want to consider it?

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

8 years ago

Maybe that's because Coarse is working in the style of the 1930-50's german, soviet and american propaganda and that era is a cliche for homoerotic imagery in the modern culture? :)

lordsketch

383 1088 1433

8 years ago

I would say that perhaps there are homoerotic elements, but it seems to me it springs more from Coarse's dealing with masculinity then with homo-eroticism per se.
    but after you said that I did realize there are no female characters in the Coarse roster.

• hR

hR

72 77 44

8 years ago

It's not just the lack of female characters though. We could name dozens and dozens of toy companies that don't do female characters, but that doesn't mean their toys have any homoerotic element. Coarse "explores masculinity" in the same way that an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog explores masculinity, only with more penises and spooge (see Sprouting Noop).

I bring it up only because I'm kind of surprised that Mark Landwher has never talked about it in interviews considering how up front it is in the artwork itself. It seems like whenever he's asked about the themes in his work he always says that his art is about "life and death." Not that I expect him to say that it's about "ripped dudes in pink and teal," but still.

jazzydan

499 646 2539

8 years ago

Maybe its a parapraxis thing for hR?

• hR

hR

72 77 44

8 years ago

Um, what? Is that supposed to be an insult? I'm gay for noticing it or something?

MisterQuiche

185 83 831

ToyPunkJan

1882 1895 2107

8 years ago

I'm gay :) but didn't really notice that Coarse toys had this homoerotic feeling before you mentioned it.
    I totally see / feel it now...
    I like them a lot more now. I want them!

• hR

hR

72 77 44

8 years ago

@MisterQuiche, I know what the word means. I just don’t understand what Jazzydan means by using it in this context. How is this observation a Freudian Slip? I'm assuming he's just trying to call me gay, which may be why there aren't any discussions on this topic. They quickly devolve into offensive jokes.

jazzydan

499 646 2539

8 years ago

Not trying to be offensive or insult you, apologies if it was taken that way.

I'm just saying that sometimes the mind makes us see what we want to see. Thats the beauty of art.

I think what is more offensive, is the fact that you think being gay is an insult or offensive? It's OK to be Gay, or to appreciate the male form.

kado0o

110 175 15

8 years ago

How much was it selling for??

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Tankizaado - Original

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

Welcome back!

elissa_s

388 689 743

Yay!

jazzydan

499 646 2539

Yay!!

I missed you soooo much, both Rotocasted and Elissa!

elissa_s

388 689 743

8 years ago

Lmao! You soppy fuck. I missed being able to update my collection and talking about Jazzydan's dick with the vinyl loving masses.

amavevera

355 77 1143

Yay x 3!
    I missed Rotocasted and rotocasters a lot! :-)

J_Walrus

51 9 368

Woohoo!

jazzydan

499 646 2539

*speechless*

lordsketch

383 1088 1433

welcome back! I've been having serious withdrawl :p

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Cheburashka & Gena

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Wiggles

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Gako Alarm Clock

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

These are ridiculously hard to find...along with Kerotan...

Irit

292 166 96

8 years ago

Is this considered a collectible toy?

ToyPunkJan

1882 1895 2107

Collectible clock?

larzor

340 182 58

8 years ago

I've been thinking of adding the Kit-Cat Clock, but have been hesitant as it's not really a toy (but has the same aesthetics), but perhaps this means it's ok?

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

I would assume so...they are pretty limited...

yourjello

235 215 55

8 years ago

ermmm sorry, but I don't think clocks belong here...IMHO

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

I don't see a problem with this being on the site.
    1. It's limited.
    2. It's "Artsy"
    3. It's Plastic
    4. If Ashley Wood put a clock in one of his figures you would
    be fine with it.

ToyPunkJan

1882 1895 2107

" If Ashley Wood put a clock in one of his figures you would
    be fine with it."

No, I wouldn't!

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

"That's also what you can read on must collectable toys; "not for children under 3 years. Intended for adult collectors".

Anythig Metal Gear related is considered to be collectable. Ages 15+. and limited to 2000 plus its hella expensive. Play the game and you'll have a new perspective on GA-KO.

ToyPunkJan

1882 1895 2107

8 years ago

Sure, but this is a not a disscussion whether "items" are expensive. - And I already played played the game. Actually love it! :)

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

So when you were watching Sunny burn the hell out of Snake's eggs you didn't stop and think "I really want that duck"?

ToyPunkJan

1882 1895 2107

8 years ago

Oops, got me there! I only played the first version for PS1. But, honestly...don't you think this is considered more like merchandise, than a toy?

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

Honestly...I think it lands right in the middle somewhere. It's a toy with purpose. I'm probably just being bias because I'm a Metal Gear fan...But no one buys it becasue it's a clock, they buy it because it's GA-KO...

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

You really should catch up on the rest of the games...I heard that there may be a movie comming out soon but it could just be a rumor...

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

Does that mean I can post some McFarlane figures on here?

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

Please discuss here — http://getsatisfaction.com/ro... />
    Just deleted giggly wall clock.

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

I consider "designer toys" to be modern day porcelain statues that are designed and developed to be about the creation of a toy, with the mentality of being a display piece. Not toys based off of property licenses of TV, movies, cartoons, games or any other medium that came before the continued sales of their properties through the toy medium.

In regards to whats on the site, I don't think there can ever be 100% rules for what can or can't be uploaded but seeing toys created from very big properties shouldn't be on here.

Leshita

49 19 14

8 years ago

Although this functions as a clock, I actually display this with my other Metal Gear toys in a display case without batteries inside the clock. ;)

I consider this more of a toy than a clock. Since there is the development of a section of this site for toys based off of other IPs, I think we should leave all movie, game, etc based toys on the site until the function to categorize them into this other 'non-designer toy' is implemented. :)

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

6 years ago

Do want this thing, but damn these are 'spensive on the bay! (both ive seen are over 100 bucks)

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Totoro Bus Stop DX

lordsketch

383 1088 1433

8 years ago

I don't quite think this belongs on Roto, but I sooooo want this... it's very hard to find and costs a mint

Leshita

49 19 14

8 years ago

I'm still bummed that the handle of the blue umbrella broke when I was moving. Still need to fix it somehow, need some type of super crazy glue as the umbrella is quite heavy.

Hm, I did not notice any rules regarding what should be posted, but could someone explain what type of toys/figures are allowable on this site?

SolidusFake

58 263 125

8 years ago

It's "for the love of toys"...so post whatever you like...

lordsketch

383 1088 1433

Hey Leshita,

it's not about rules :) right now Rotocasted take most anything people upload.
    But we've been having a lot of discussions on what should be on here - basically, it was set up to be a website for designer toys and not commercial toys.
    for the time being it was decided to tag toys there are based on existing characters as "Character Toy". we have a bunch of moderators so I'll change it :)
    At some point the database might be split into designer toys and a separate one for all the other toys.
    But the website is basically a labor of love for Sergey who set it up and it actually costs him money to keep it up, while he makes his own art and toy, so it may be a while, or the idea might be dropped.

you can keep submitting any toy you want, I was just expressing my opinion! :) it's a great statue

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

8 years ago

The idea of splitting the DB is still there. I am working on design and thinking of OK name :)

MaquetteCity

154 129 399

8 years ago

This sits in my living room,it's a beautiful piece of work,spot on likeness!

Nerdbomber

859 10 86

8 years ago

I love it! How much does something like this go for?

Leshita

49 19 14

8 years ago

I actually have not seen it go on sale on the aftermarket (though I have not been searching on eBay on a regular basis). Originally I purchased this for around $100 or $120 I think from 1999.co.jp, but it has long since sold out.

MaquetteCity

154 129 399

8 years ago

I bought mine for £54 ($90) in 2008...a bargain!

thorskywalker

44 5 1

5 years ago

Leshita, MaquetteCity would either of you be interested in selling or trading the Totoro figure with me? I have some items, which are on either of your wish lists.. we can do a trade+cash if necessary depending on the items..

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Robot Soldier Music Box

Leshita

49 19 14

8 years ago

I am trying to edit the tag of this item.
    I think the manufacturer should be "Sankyo" and not Cominica for this particular item, however I cannot edit it anymore for some reason.

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

8 years ago

There's edit button in the upper right corner of the photograph. Just click and edit.

Leshita

49 19 14

8 years ago

I tried using it, but it does not do anything when I press "save and go to The Library". When I press it, it takes me back to the top of the edit page for some reason.

sergeySafonov

800 2301 1635

8 years ago

That's because size should be in inches and digits only. Sorry, all the error messages is not implemented yet.

Leshita

49 19 14

Ah, got it, thanks. :)
    It did let me input in cm in the original post for some reason.

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.