Rotocasted.com is a service for toy collectors.
Its library contains photos and information on 51125 toys. Join for free and post your toy collection and wishlist. Use your new profile to connect with other collectors!

sergeySafonov sergeySafonov

Darkthrone KUBRICK

8 years ago

I need more black metal toys in my life.

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

Heh I do have the DMC 400% Krauser be@rbrick, close enough....

I would love to see some toys based off of metal cover artwork

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

Heh, just noticed the quantity :P

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Jumping Brain

elissa_s

388 689 743

8 years ago

:S I thought this was already on here? What happened?

8 years ago

It was deleted accidentially.

elissa_s

388 689 743

Ah. Okay.

elissa_s

388 689 743

8 years ago

Mini series should be Jumping Brains please. Just so they're all there when you click on it :)

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

JUDASZ

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Drinky Crow

Drinky Crow is my hero.

jenandryanlikestuff

118 91 4

8 years ago

i wish his bottle would stay in!

I somehow balanced mine.

Marschie

68 34 10

Mine stays in.

MadMex

178 39 9

8 years ago

Mine came like that so I just redid the label with some masking tape and a Sharpie. You don't see the wire mark anymore...

The bottle stays in his mouth on mine.

crazylikeafox11

229 351 35

7 years ago

Once I get a drunk frog in bear suit, I'm going to need a drinky crow to keep him company.

ToyPunkJan

1884 1893 2107

7 years ago

There's actually two versions of Drinky Crow. Look at the x eyes on this one: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com...

evilangell8

48 234 19

7 years ago

Yes there are. The eyes are interchangeable.

delme

372 147 108

7 years ago

I think it's one version, with changeable eyes...

ToyPunkJan

1884 1893 2107

7 years ago

Sure! But check the x. It's much thinner!

delme

372 147 108

7 years ago

I have a feeling that the photo may be taken from an early prototype, rather than the final object. I'm sure Drinky only had one run. I may be wrong.

ToyPunkJan

1884 1893 2107

You might be right! ;)

delme

372 147 108

7 years ago

Every now and again it happens.

benginati513

329 34 53

7 years ago

i dont know but he's sweet and we love him yes his eyes r interchangable
    went to store he was there
    came back to buy gone so i had store order for me came in time for xmas for the wifey

evilangell8

48 234 19

7 years ago

awww what a great gift. your wife is lucky.

crazylikeafox11

229 351 35

7 years ago

I almost bought one of these on ebay last week for like $30 (after shipping). I just searched the interwebs and found it for sale from Things from Another World for only $17.99. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested!

endoprine

132 297 37

6 years ago

I just ordered mine off AMAZON for $11.99... Same company..

kittykittymeow666

10 183 628

6 years ago

i need this in my life! i will have to get one soon.

jerk_nugget

211 895 42

3 years ago

damn, this came up on ebay as a set with the uncle gabby figure too and i just lost in the last three seconds of the auction...by someone who wasn't even participating. so rude. (i don't mind getting sniped if it turns out to be someone who bid first or was bidding all along...just feels extra bad when some random person snipes it from all of us, haha.) oh well, maybe i'll get another chance someday...

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

CC19 - Junkie

8 years ago

Any idea when it was released?

bilousk8

129 5 33

8 years ago

Yes, sorry, it was released in 2003!!

Sweet, thanks!
    Love the dog :)

jeremyriad

566 356 245

7 years ago

I got this through a guy parting with an awesome Michael Lau collection. I love toys with glasses, and this character is so great. Mine didn't come with the dog, but I got it at a good price :)

Paper8

19 0 1

7 years ago

I'm Parting with some of my toy collection, including Michael Lau toys- If you are interested- please message me.

Hass247

47 20 9

7 years ago

anyone willing to sell this? please message me

yepitsme

111 6 1

6 years ago

@Paper8 let me know what Lau you have for sale

/>yepitsme110@ymail.com />
    thanks

zombiekel

405 0 503

5 years ago

Series is Crazy Children 2

zombiekel

405 0 503

3 years ago

Finally scored one to make up the pair.
    Just gotta wait by the post box now.

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Walrusamust 2

amavevera

341 74 1136

8 years ago

strange: when I uploaded this series, I entered the name of the series: Resound Field Guide. and now it misteriously dissapeared?!?

Just fixed it.

amavevera

341 74 1136

thanx!

8 years ago

Crap. We'll look into it.

amavevera

341 74 1136

8 years ago

it must be a bug. now it is visible again, but only for this figure. it should be for all the 14 toys in the series.

8 years ago

Just added for all 14 toys again. Too bad.

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Wippy - Classic, Pink

doc18

1593 19 280

8 years ago

have not bought Uglydoll plush for a while but I want this one :)

8 years ago

Looks like their signature silhouette.

starmunki

88 43 1

8 years ago

i haven't wanted uglydoll plush for some time now...
    but this, i must have!

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Balloon Dunny

thequiffisdead

70 47 6

8 years ago

I'm really interested in this one too...especially how well it stays balanced.

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

8 years ago

I wonder if the string is bendy...

Dollztoy

87 131 5

Great dunny!

nonerpants

170 89 13

8 years ago

i have 1 of these guys for trade or sale.

myKRstuff

363 20 21

8 years ago

The string doesn't bend. It's actually a really cool dunny. I have several for sale if anyone is interested.

Nathan23Archer

77 2675 6

my favorite of the 2010 Dunnys and one i would love to have more of

myKRstuff

363 20 21

8 years ago

I have 4 duplicates of these if you are interested in purchasing them off me. Let me know! Sket Ketchup still my favorite but I do have a particular fondness for this one.

doc18

1593 19 280

8 years ago

I am interested on cheap dups :)

myKRstuff

363 20 21

8 years ago

Shipping to UK may kill the deal but let's talk anyway. Still getting used to this site - how do you Private Message someone?

doc18

1593 19 280

8 years ago

there is no messaging on here. my email is doc18.geo[at]yahoo.com :) why would shipping kill the deal if I agree to pay for it? :)

myKRstuff

363 20 21

8 years ago

Kill the deal for you, not me. Cos it will be expensive to ship 4 dunnys from US to UK - no? In any case, will shoot you an email now.

doc18

1593 19 280

8 years ago

peeps in UK are used to the expensive shipping costs unfortunately :( I am expecting the bill for an expensive import duty to come through today too >_<

hu8o

850 1828 325

8 years ago

Shouldn't be more than USD 10 if shipped First Class.

BoxingXius

77 375 294

Have you all seen this?

Dunny makes ppl crazy.

jazzydan

499 646 2539

7 years ago

I have one with no string or pin :( anyone got a spare?

elissa_s

388 689 743

7 years ago

Maybe there's a bit of inspiration with that custom, but it's like a Dunny translation of his BFF figure - http://rotocasted.com/toy/4832/

hu8o

850 1828 325

7 years ago

This is a very nice dunny! I managed to get an AP with print.

mrnvisible

515 404 5

7 years ago

All things considered this dunny just seems to be a rip off of dunnies done by Das Mo and submitted to Kid Robot. Good thing they stole his design and let Travis Cain do it instead though.

DunnyAddicts

444 112 128

6 years ago

@ Jazzydan, I got a spare, if you didn't already got one?

jazzydan

499 646 2539

6 years ago

Managed to find one. But thanks very much for the offer :)

DunnyAddicts

444 112 128

6 years ago

Did it come out of the box without the string and pin? Or did you bought it from ebay?

jazzydan

499 646 2539

6 years ago

A present from someone, and I don't they realised there was supposed to a sting and pin. Don't know if it was lost by them, the seller, or me. It was a thoughtful gift though :)

Dj_dominator

14 590 17

6 years ago

I have only the head of it)

tirarosauriusrex

141 276 23

4 years ago

Does anybody have one of this for trade / sale?

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

Spray 2-V2

jazzydan

499 646 2539

8 years ago

How do I put this in the custom section?

8 years ago

Type should be "Custom". Is it really a custom?

jazzydan

499 646 2539

8 years ago

Well its a limited run of 1 offs hand made by the sucklord. So I'd say yes. Shall we see what the general consensus is?

turdhole

129 102 1

8 years ago

custom? that's a tough one. i have 1. i consider it a one off but there are a couple similar. im stumped

Vadim

777 516 471

8 years ago

I wouldn't say it's a custom. It's an original figure by Sucklord, not something he customized.

8 years ago

I don't think it's a custom, really.

spankystokes

411 3 5

Not a custom.

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

A custom would be anything that used another figure as a platform imo and not officially released through the original creator as part of an official series or exclusive release.

Are the legs/body re-casted from R2-D2? If so, then this would be a custom.

"Mashups" are customs too.

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

BTW how does he get away with his "bootleg" ways, its his charm but its an interesting standpoint.

Vadim

777 516 471

8 years ago

If so, than a half of KAWS figures would be "customs", because he uses well-known characters and adds to them his trademark bones and Xs.

In my opinion, custom is a figure which is altered in some way – painted upon, form modified, but which has an original base of another figure.
    If the base sculpt is casted by artist, than it's not a custom anymore, even if the sculpt uses parts of another figure.

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

This is where we are getting close to intellectual property law and to what extent is considered a violation of it.

KAWS creates original sculpts with the form language of famous characters he reworks, not recasting pre-made figures and adding/subtracting parts.

Sucklord does alter his figures, he recasts them; he buys a figure, recasts it, adds a few parts and sells it as his own.

Silicone legs, resin body with a spray cap he bought from a store. This is a "mashup" custom or is it "ART"?!

Vadim

777 516 471

8 years ago

In my view, KAWS' original sculpts are no more "original" than Sucklord's figures.
    Seriously, how "original" are Kaws Chum (Michelin man), JPP (Japanese police Pipo), or his latest Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket? The only alterations on these figures are his trademark X eyes/hands and skull.

So why KAWS' figures are called originals, while Sucklord's are "mashups"?

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

KAWS may use the characters as inspiration but he is producing his own re-interpreted of that character. He draws it from scratch using the form language. If you look closely, the forms of each KAWS character changes from the original beyond the X eyes/hands and skull. Especially the sculpts.

I am not a fan of KAWS but they are re-interpretations of the original characters.

If Sucklord was drawing his creations, creating his OWN sculpts, then it would be original "re-imaginations" works. But Sucklord takes a figure, sticks it in a box and makes a mould then reproduces it.

I also love Sucklords work.

In your opinion "If the base sculpt is casted by artist, than it's not a custom anymore"

So I can take any figure, recast it and sell them under my own label I would be producing original figures?

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

Before things get a bit too blurred, I consider anything a custom if it uses another figure as a platform, even if its recasting parts from it.

Not re-designing a character and produce an original sculpt.

Vadim

777 516 471

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

Intellectual property law is VERY tricky in regards to "art"

Everything does change when its considered to have iconic cultural significance but Sucklord bootlegs, plain and simple, its what he does. He directly takes the parts and re-produces it, he can be charged with bootlegging.

Sucklord is fun and cheeky, I love it!

Main point:

KAWS creates original sculpts, he doesn't use another sculpt/toy as a platform. Therefore, not customising a toy.

Sucklord uses other sculpts, he doesn't create an original sculpt. Therefore, customising a toy.

In the end I think the custom section on Rotocasted should be used for individuals to showcase their own custom versions that they have made for themselves (or others). This would also go really well with the multiple copies/collection picture section if added. (I gather it is sill in the works?)

If an individual has produced "customs" to sell as "art" then it shouldn't be in the custom section and considered "self produced".

jazzydan

499 646 2539

8 years ago

Ooops looks like I started a debate and then slept through it.

I just thought it was a custom as it was a vintage r2d2 body with a spray cap stuck to it's head.

Is it weird that someone else has this in their collection, I was under the impression that every one the suck lord made was a different colour way.

Chauskoskis

8 15 12

8 years ago

@CoMus Kaws original sculpts? i disagree a bit, in a big part of Kaws work he take the body of already existing characters, (is not a custom agree,) but original works? not too sure.. he re-sculpt them, yes, but i mean, if Sucklord instead of re-produce and make molds of existing pieces, he re- sculpt em to make it looks exactly the same as the original and add a bone in the head then you may think different ?...

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

I was only trying to define the distinction of what a "custom" is, not the originality of the character design. Original sculpts only refers to competently creating a new sculpt.

Yet his designs are still different from the original character designs. You can see this on the two comparative pictures vadimt linked above. He picks up on all the important features and it looks the same but his drawings/sculpts are not 100% of the original character. Very very close! They are copies but are not traced/cloned.

I am not saying Kaws designs are original either. Its pop art and its not my thing at all.

lordsketch

381 1085 1433

8 years ago

I don't think this is a custom and I don't think Kaws' work is a custom.
    Like CoMus says- it's pop art. Did Andy Warhol "customise" the Marilyn Monroe photo?

I think the sucklord's use of "bootleg" is in part directly to bypass and subvert these definitions.
    maybe we should accept that not all works of art fall neatly into our categories :)

CoMus

171 468 619

8 years ago

LOL gotta love that last Line :P Collectors OCD wont stand for this!

jazzydan

499 646 2539

5 years ago

Should be resin not vinyl, so many tags in this library have been changed! I'll change back.

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.

U.R.I.-NAL 90000

In order to comment, you have to be registered with us. Register or Log in.